Doctor Who Heading to The Shire??

Alot of questions were raised as to what current Doctor, David Tennant, will be doing after he leaves the TARDIS behind after his regeneration into Matt Smith this January. An answer may have been found. The 38 year old Scottish actor is in the running to play Bilbo Baggins in the film adaptation of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit, due in theaters in 2011.

David Tennant will be making his first trip ever to the San Diego Comic Con to promote Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is expected to announce the casting decision when he attends. One can only play connect the dots for so long.

Also in the running for the role of Bilbo is Wanted star, James McAvoy, and Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe.

Now as you may or may not know, I am not a fan of Lord of the Rings. I am however a HUGE David Tennant fan. People who are like me would flock to the film if Tennant is cast as Baggins. Not only that, but I have seen the films. I'm not blind. I know that Tennant would also rock this role like no other.

Stay tuned here for updates once San Diego Comic Con begins.

Comments

No responses to “Doctor Who Heading to The Shire??”