Blackest Night #2 Review


When I first heard about Blackest Night I was a bit skeptical. Firstly because Final Crisis was such an incredible flop in my opinion, and secondly, it was plagued by delays that made me lose interest in the book.

So when I read Blackest Night #1 I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. By the end of the book, I didn't think they could top what they did in the first issue, boy was I dead wrong.

The book picks up right where it left off, with The Flash and Hal Jordan taking on a Black Lantern version of Martian Manhunter. The ensuing battle was nothing short of amazing. This issue also dives into the return of Aquaman as a Black Lantern Finally, we see a hardcore Aquaman. He takes no crap from anyone. The way he should have from the start.

I won't give away any spoilers, suffice to say that if you think that this is DC's version of Marvel Zombies you are totally wrong. What lays in the balance here is far great than a fun zombie romp like in Marvel Zombies. From what I can tell, Black Lantern's can't seem to die.

There is something very odd that happens this issue with Don Hall. Dove of Hawk and Dove fame that you have to see to try and figure out.

All in all, this is an amazing series so far and something that you should be putting in your hold at the local comic book shop.

Comments

No responses to “Blackest Night #2 Review”